International Refugee Day
20 June marks International Refugee Day, an occasion to honour all those who have been forced to abandon their country, homes and families to flee conflict and persecution.
Romanian Television will produce a special edition “International Refugee Day”, which will be broadcast live on TVR CULTURAL, starting at 19.00. The moderator of the show, Valentina Băințan, will discuss this new social reality in Romania, the efforts of the CARE FOR UKRAINE humanitarian coalition to come up with concrete solutions for the refugee situation and the way in which the 31 partner organisations have worked together to support over 200,000 people affected by the conflict in Ukraine. The 80-minute dialogue will be supported by:
- Daniela Boșca – Executive Director FONPC (Federation of Non-Governmental Organisations for Children
- Bogdan Simion – Executive Director of SERA Foundation Romania
- Bogdan Pavel – Deputy Team Leader – CARE FOR UKRAINE
- Oana Drăgulinescu – Communication Coordinator CARE FOR UKRAINE
- Anna Cristina Burtea – Executive Director of Heart of Child Foundation
- Silviu Ioniță – Psychologist, President of the Association of Coaching and Sport Psychology
- Andreeas Novacovici – President and General Director YouHub Association Romania
CARE FOR UKRAINE is a project funded by the global confederation CARE and implemented at national level by Fundația SERA Romania, CARE France and FONPC.